Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ann's Room

Earlier today I attended the funeral of Ann Frame, my friend Pamela's mother. Ann was a spirited, intelligent woman whose many accomplishments included being a skilled sailor and marine biologist. During the service the minister read from John's gospel, the passage in which Jesus says, "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

The minister went on to describe what Ann's room in heaven might be like, based upon the stories of those who knew and loved her best.


A sunny window
facing the bay. The warm weight
of a sleeping cat.
Your favorite chair, deep and
inviting. Books at
hand and family close by.
It's all here.
Ann, come in;
your room is ready.

2 comments:

  1. sarah...this is beautiful...i am now following your blog...i love the way you write...you have so many gifts...xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah - this is great to see - and it was good meeting you; Betsy forwarded this to me. She must have been a special person -
    Patti Barrett

    ReplyDelete