Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rites of Passage

Today was the big day: Willem attended his friend Adrien's Bar Mitzvah service, followed by the much-anticipated party. The picture above is of Willem and his friends Kira (aka Kiki) and Leslie. I went to the evening festivities and got to observe the kids in all their finery. It was fun to sit back and watch them, all dressed up and looking like miniature adults. I promised Willem I wouldn't throw my weight around the dance floor and embarrass him, and I made good on that promise. I only got up and danced once--a safe distance away from him and his posse--when the DJ played some AC/DC, because, really, how could I not?

boys in coats and ties
girls in dresses and high heels
mingling, dancing and
practicing being grown-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment