Thursday, July 1, 2010

World War II Memorial

A note to those of you who follow my blog and have been wondering what the heck is going on, and why I haven't posted my daily poems for several weeks:

I experienced technical difficulties while on our family vacation in Europe. I brought my shiny, tiny new laptop and was so excited to use it, but somehow grabbed the wrong power cord so when the battery died I was out of luck. Also, we had less access to wi-fi than we thought we would, and trying to post from my Blackberry was a pain. So I've got several weeks full of scribbling in my notebook, which I'm now trying to decipher and post. My handwriting has become frightenly bad over the years, so this might take awhile. Stay tuned, and thanks for reading.

Below is my poem for the day we spent in Washington, D.C. This was my first time visiting the World War II memorial, which is stately and beautiful. The picture is of one of the structures that honors those who fought in the Pacific.


a graceful, grey stone pavilion


a bronze wreath borne aloft by

eagles, always in flight


heroes, rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment