Monday, March 8, 2010

Pat the Bunny


Indulge me in a moment of motherly nostalgia: I just came across this old picture of Schuyler and Willem, ages 5 and 2 (if memory serves), in an Eastertime pose with a real bunny. (I remember that it took all of my powers of persuasion to get Willem to stop crying, put his hand on the bunny and look reasonably happy about it.) They were, and still are, so darn cute.



Before the skinny-yet-saggy jeans
(sound impossible? It’s not),
long legs, knobby knees
and size eleven shoes

there were sailor suits and sweaters
(albeit worn unwillingly),
round rosy cheeks,
hair freshly combed after the bath
and also the somehow always-sticky little hands

1 comment:

  1. Now I really wish I was at home and not at the bar show in Vegas. . .wonderful!

    ReplyDelete